My website address is: https://nigeladamsdigital.co.uk
You may have heard by now about some new rules governing what can and can’t be done with information about you, specifically in conjunction with websites.
General Data Protection Regulation
They’re contained within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); which gives you more control over how your personal information is used – and makes it quicker and easier for you to check and update the information we and other organisations hold about you.
Rest assured that as we’ve always done, we’ll continue to collect, store and share your data safely and securely.
In anticipation of the changes, we’ve adjusted elements of our Privacy Notice to give your data even more protection – and have re-written the Policy to cut through the legal nonsense and spell out exactly what we do with your details.
It all boils down to six Pledges. We promise that we will:
- Only use the information you give us to contact yourselves or authorised parties.
- Protect your data like it’s our own
- Only ever pass on details when authorised
- Give you the power to decide if we store or discard of your details
- Delete your information as soon as we no longer need it
- We will never sell your information to third parties
A Notice About Cookies
What Cookies Are Used On This Site?
The cookies we use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try and ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
How Can I Reject Or Opt Out Of Receiving Cookies?
Third Party Cookies
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on our Site” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
- If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.